UPDATE 05/07/12: Apparently, there were no bidders in the second eBay auction either. The latest auction ended Saturday. In an article published Monday by VEGAS INC, attorney Marc Randazza, whose firm is trying to recover legal fees after defeating a Righthaven lawsuit on behalf of a client, said: "It would seem that everything that Righthaven and its parade of idiots touch turns to garbage."
It seems when (and if) they start to auction off the real "memorable" items, such as the RJ story of the bird sanctuary catching fire, there might be more interest in these auctions. The May 2nd VEGAS INC article, Scant interest so far in acution of Righthaven copyrights, goes into more details.
Righthaven copyright auctions to re-launch today
Incline Village, NV, USA – May 03, 2012
Seventeen Righthaven copyrights are being auctioned off on eBay starting 8:00 a.m. PDT today and ending at approximately 8:00 p.m. PDT on Saturday May 5, 2012. This is the third auction of Righthaven property to satisfy court judgments against the Las Vegas company. The RIGHTHAVEN service mark was sold for $1025.00 in an auction that closed this morning. The auctions are being conducted by the court-appointed receiver for Righthaven, Lara Pearson, Esq., operating under the eBay seller name courtappointedreceiver. The auction listings are as follows:
- Ebony Princess #3
- Browns Damn right I'm backing Cleveland 11-14-10
- UTAH The pointspread took a big plunge on Tuesday 12-22-10
- Ebony Amateurs Vegas Edition #10
- Rockets 11-10-10
- OREGON Let's go over some undisputed facts. 01-10-11
- Ravens If you haven't heard it by now 11-11-10
- Analysis Thank Ohio University for this play 11-17-10
- Over the total Michigan is going to score points 11-13-10
- Hawks 11-10-10
- Tonight's top play 01-15-11
- Temple How can a team 11-16-10
- Ravens These two very good teams meet 11-11-10
- ROCKETS (plus the points and money-line) 7-0 That's the Rockets'...
- Suns Absolutely ridiculous pointspread 11-17-10
- TENNESSEE How do you lay points 01-05-11
- RAVENS 80-116. You know what that is? 01-09-11